Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What a week...

Hello! My name is Elder Clifford and I'm a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Do you have a few moments to chat?

Doesn't my door approach just rock?

This week was insane. We did intercambios this week so I was with one of the zone leaders for a day. It helps to evaluate how we are doing and helps get new eyes on the area. But it was a struggle. The elder I was with doesn't speak any English and so with my broken Spanish it was very hard to communicate. Also he has a strange accent and so that didn't help haha! For everything he said, I had to ask "What?" probably at least 3 times. But hey, I got through it. But it was good! We got a lot of contacting done! We didn't end up having any lessons because they all fell through, but hey, you cant win 'em all right? But it was a good day. 

We ended up finding this very nice lady. She is an evangelist but has very strong faith. We were able to make a second appointment with her and it went very well! When we met her the first time, she seemed really uninterested, but she actually remembered our appointment (miracle, no one we make cita's with remembers.). She was very nice and listened to everything we had to say. We talked about the Book of Mormon and she agreed to pray about it. The coolest part was as I was saying the closing prayer, she was doing the whole evangelical thing where she would say AMEN after I said something she agreed with. And after I asked that she could receive her answer to know if it was true she gave a big AMEN! It was cool. We have another cita tonight with her so hopefully it goes well.

Now to the big news of the week. My companion, Elder Hanzon, got transferred. We are both pretty devastated. He only has 1 transfer left before he goes home so we thought he would stay and technically we are still in training so its odd that he's leaving. But the hardest part is that now, I'm in charge of the area because I'm getting a companion that knows nothing about this area. I'm freaking out. This next week or two are going to be rough adjusting to new everything almost. Wish me luck. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know this is the Lords will, and if he feels comfortable leaving this piece of His vineyard in my hands, then I can do it. A lot of this week is gonna be spent on my knees pleading for help. I can just feel it now. But It'll be good for me. Its all for my profit and experience.

I love you all and am so grateful for your support. I think I tell you that every week, but I really can't say it enough. Its because of each and everyone of you that I am here. Thanks for being the village that raised me.

Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment