Tuesday, October 6, 2015

WELL....

10/5/15

What a week it’s been. Maybe one of the craziest of my mission. The week started off pretty simple but then Tuesday hit. We got a call from President and he told us my companion was leaving in an emergency transfer. So that was exciting. We immediately started packing and making all the arrangements. THEN! We got another call from the sisters. One of the sisters was ALSO being transferred that same day. So half of my district is new and doesn’t know the area or the people and the other 25% that isn’t me got here only 2 weeks ago and due to her sick companion, didn’t even leave the pension and so doesn’t know anything about the area! Fun! So with a white washed district we are chuggin' right along. But even with all that, we are doing great; seeing lots a miracles and we are going to have success this transfer. I know it!

We also had a tragedy this week in our ward. A wonderful sister who literally gives her whole heart and everything she has to everyone, had her house burn down. They lost everything. I can't explain the love that we as missionaries have for those whom we know. I was brought to tears as I watched the firefighters put out the last of the flames as we got to the house. I have known this sister for maybe 7 weeks. And yet I have developed a love for this person. The mission allows us to love. I truly can't imagine the pain of our Heavenly Father and our Savior to see us suffer in this life, even if that suffering is for our own benefit.

I also want to testify of the power of service. In spite of this horrible tragedy, the ward that very night, only a few hours after the flames were put out, got together and with-in a matter of minutes between the members and the mission we were able to get everything we needed to rebuild the house and to furnish it and get them clothes and food and everything. Elder Christofferson said it so well. God established His church for the benefit of His Children. The spirit of service is real. It was tangible in that room as we all came together and helped this wonderful sister. 

OK! CONFERENCE! It was so good. We got to watch 3 of the 4 sessions in English. You would think by this point in my mission (17 months on Wednesday) I would be able to get a lot out of it in Spanish session but I don’t haha SO I was grateful for the English. A few comments: 

1)     I am so incredibly grateful for modern Prophets and Apostles that guide us. There remarks are also so perfect for everything that happens to us on a daily basis. 

2)   I am grateful for my wonderful mother. I testify to the words of Elder Holland and what to make it clear that I love my mother with everything I have and am grateful for her support. 

3)   I am grateful for my family and the love they have for me. 

Ok well I don’t have much time. But I wanted to make a special shout-out. This may seem to be coming from nowhere but I want to make a shout out to Brother Litchfield. For some reason, while listening to conference, I was brought to think about some of the things he has shared with me over the years and how grateful I am for those bits of advice that have served me so well. I’m sure he doesn't realize the impact he has had on me but I hope he knows now haha! Thank you Brother Litchfield for your example and teachings. 

I love you all so much! I am so grateful for all of your love. I’m sorry for not having much time but next week hopefully I will be able to comment more. 


Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment