Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The One where I realized how blessed I am...

Welcome to another wonderful entry in the life of Elder Clifford. I hope you leave satisfied!

This week was another pretty normal week. The weather finally died down a little bit so we have clouds and cold and rain which, having grown up in the Seattle area, I was greatly pleased to see. It was great improvement from the scorching sun and burn skin that I was faced with two weeks ago!

Our area is still....well its just there. Haha But we are getting to know lots of great people that seem interested but we can never seem to find them in their house again. Sometimes its frustrating but we just remember that its the work of the Lord and it comes in His time. I have truly gained a testimony of that in the mission. We can and will always have the blessing of the Lord, but certainly NOT in our time. In His. But its better that way. Prayers for The Universitario Ward!

Well, this wee we had a very solemn experience that helped me remember truly how blessed I am. We were knocking doors while discussing our area and we came across JCA. He was working a bit on his house and stopped to talk with us a little. He ended up telling us that he was very religious and as a child wanted to be a missionary, but all of that changed about 9 years ago. His family left for a vacation but he stayed behind to watch the house. During the trip, there was an accident and his entire family passed away. He expressed to us that he feels so alone in his life and has turned to alcohol and drugs to ease the pain. He told us that he has tried to kill himself several times but every time a friend showed up to stop him. We expressed that we want to help him and have been passing by everyday.

I am so grateful for the blessings I have in my life; to have my family; to have the gospel in my life and to have the hope and knowledge that whatever happens, there is a life after this and I don't have to worry. I am grateful to be a missionary. I gained a testimony that although we may not feel guided, we are. Heavenly Father puts us on certain paths so that we can be of use to someone else. I am so grateful for that. I am grateful to be able to have met JCA and be able to help him through this difficult time. Please pray for him. 

I love you all and I hope you know it. Thank you for all that you do for me.

Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment