Saturday, December 19, 2015

HEY GUYS!

12/14/15

Hey everyone! 

I want to let everyone know that I had full intentions of writing a big email last week but I got a little distracted from some bad news. The Burnham family is in my prayers and Sister Burnham will be deeply missed. That was a welcome home hug that I looked forward to. Now the wait will be a little longer, but it will be so much sweeter in our real home. 

I am still in Senillosa, I didn’t get transferred. My whole district is staying in Senillosa, which means that I will be here for at least 6 months by the time this transfer is over. 

This is the longest I will have been in an area. It’s a bitter sweet kind of thing but it’s going to be a good six weeks. It’s also the longest that I will be with the same companion and no one will beat that because there isn’t enough time left to beat it haha.

Well, these have been some interesting weeks. We have been really focusing on meeting new people. We put the goal two weeks back to contact 100 people. Now, let me just say that that may not seem like a lot to some, but in Senillosa, that is like half the population haha. It was hard to accomplish but we did it. And that did help us out this past week because it gave us the opportunities to be able to visit different people. It also helped in unseen ways. Pushing ourselves that much let us receive other blessings that our Heavenly Father had in store for us. 

The work itself is going fairly well. We have several people we are teaching and they are excited but it’s been a struggle getting them all to church. That is one of the biggest struggles we have in the mission: getting people up at 8am to go to church with us. It makes it hard. R, who I talked about a few weeks back, has been struggling to come to church. He is still very accepting and happy but there is just something missing and we aren’t quite sure what yet but he'll come around.

On a side note, I want to say something. I want to encourage everyone (whether or not you are a member of the Church) to ponder on what obligations you have with your Heavenly Father. It is vital that we can do our best to fulfill every request and commandment that He has given us. Will that be hard? Of course but it will be so worth it. Magnify your callings; do your home teaching/visiting teaching; HELP THE MISSIONARIES; do it all and spend every second you can doing the Lords work. There is nothing more gratifying. This Church is set up to succeed. And if it doesn’t, it is partially, if not fully, because we aren’t doing our jobs. Allow God to make us instruments in His hands. He wants to but we have to ALLOW Him to do that. Just do it!!! It will make you happier and bless that lives of others!!

I love you all and thank you for your support. I hope you have a fantastic week!!!


Elder Clifford




No comments:

Post a Comment