Saturday, August 15, 2015

Y Elder Clifford se va a.....¡SENILLOSA!

8/10/15

Well, Lamarque was a wonderful time of my life. It is really a blessed place and I have been gone for only a few hours and miss it dearly. But I’m off, well already here, to my next adventure in Senillosa, (pronounced Seneeshowsa) which is just about 45 minutes west of Neuquén. It’s a city a little bigger than Lamarque but is split between 2 companionships so the area I work in will be smaller. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in Lamarque and be able to be a part of so many miracles and answered prayers. It is a blessed placed. BUT! A new adventure awaits me in here and I’m excited. This past week has been crazy.

Yesterday we had our first meeting in our new building that we finally got after months of fighting. It was wonderful. We had several less active members come which was great to see. It was a nice thing to end my time there. One of the first things my companion told me when I got there was the struggle for "a place of our own" and to actually end having a place of our own made me happy. It was a struggle all the way through and we still had to do church without heat and with really limited lighting, but it was incredibly worth it and it was so cool to see the members so content there. I really do love that place.

This week we also had a scare. We got a call from the elder in charge of the housing telling us to clean it up and throw everything out that was trash and not ours. We got confused so we made another call to one of the assistants to the President. He told us that Lamarque was being closed, meaning that they were going to take the missionaries out. We were devastated. We told him that we had just gotten started of actually accomplishing things and told us he would see what he could do. This transfer we lost a lot of missionaries and so lots of places had to close and with there not being many baptisms in Lamarque, it had to close. But we fought and it stayed open, but with an ultimatum: They have to baptize this transfer or else it will get closed next transfer. But they can do it easily. We put up a fight and got a little more time. But it will live. That place will suffer very bad without the elders, but I hope lots of hope. Please keep praying for Lamarque.

Well, the big news. I just got called to be a District leader, which means that I am in charge of a small group of missionaries. My district is only 4, me my comp and 2 sisters so it’s not the crazy but it’s still going to be interesting. I’m going to have a lot more responsibilities now which is not going to be as fun haha but that’s how it rolls. 

I love you all and wish for the best! ¡Cuídense y disfrutan su semana! ¡Hasta Luego! 

Elder Clifford


No comments:

Post a Comment