Monday, September 8, 2014

"Y, Elder Clifford se va a Roca!"

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to my dear Centenario. Today, I head to Roca which is about an hour east of Neuquén. My new companion is Elder Muñoz. Yup, a Latin. That means goodbye English. This next few weeks are going to be a ride on the struggle bus, BIG TIME. But I'm going to learn so much and I'm excited for a change. Ive heard only wonderful things about Roca. I guess right now its pretty much the promised land for baptisms so that good. But, a la vez, it is the hottest place in the mission. That's just perfect. I'm literally going to die of a heat stroke. That's not a joke people. I'm also going to bathe in sunscreen (which is really expensive here on top of anything) so that I don't get skin cancer. But really, don't be too surprised if some of my future emails involve heat stroke and skin cancer. Its a possibility people.

But I am super excited to get to know more people and a new area. I know that my time here in Centenario had been hard but I've loved every minute of it and it has been a big learning experience, but Ive got way more learning to come.

I am super sad to leave my dear Centenario though. Ive really grown to love the people here. The ward is amazing and the work here, although extremely slow, has been fun. I'm so grateful for the time Ive had here.

This week was pretty dead. I'm officially calling our area here in Centenario dead, meaning that we really have nothing going. All the investigators we have aren't able to meet with us and we are having a really hard time find people. This week we tried focussing on finding Menos Activos but we had no luck with that either haha. Its been a struggle this last week but I love this area dearly and I am sad to leave it. 

Once again, thank you so much for all your support and love. I feel your prayers and support. I love you all. This is hard experience. Its a struggle everyday, but I wouldn't change any of it. Its amazing and I love it. Keep on doing great things. This is the Lords work and it all comes in his time. "Terror, Triumph, and a Wedding Feast" by Jeffery R Holland. Go read it. Go prepare yourselves. You can do anything with the faith in Christ. 

Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment